Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jays Sweep O's out of Toronto

It took just two hours and fifteen minutes...the Birds dropped their sixth straight game, falling to the Blue Jays 4-3 Sunday afternoon.

This was a heart-breaker...once again, the Orioles were so close but couldn't pull out a win. In my last post, I asked (begged) staff ace Jeremy Guthrie for a strong performance...he didn't disappoint...

Guthrie pitched a complete game, yet was tagged with the loss. In eight innings, he allowed six hits and four runs while walking one and striking out three. Unfortunately, three of those hits were doubles and two were home runs.

I'm still upset, even though the game was over hours ago...something needs to be done. It doesn't get any easier, as the Birds take on Tampa Bay tomorrow night...Adam Eaton takes the mound...Go O's! (I'm sorry for the short post; I'm sleep-deprived and a bit depressed...)

O' Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment