Tuesday, April 28, 2009

O' No! Controversial Call Costs O's

I'm sick to my stomach just posting this sentence...the Orioles lost to the Los Angeles Angels 7-5 Tuesday night.

Two runs...that was the difference. And because of a blown call in the seventh inning, the Angels scored...two runs. Home-plate ump ANGEL Hernandez (probably a coincidence but what the heck!) called a balk on Jamie Walker after he picked-off a runner at first with one out. The game changed on the call...the Angels scored two instead of none, Dave Trembley was ejected, and the O's eventually lost...a few quotes...

"I know what the rules are. The rules are distance and direction," said Trembley. "I don't like it when somebody is wrong and they try to tell me they're right. ... If I'm wrong, I admit it. Move on. I don't like people thinking they are right all the time. They are umpires, they do a great job, but they are not always right. Boom, case closed." (Dave Trembley, courtesy of MLB.com).

"I don't know if the guy has something against me or what, but no way ... did I balk," said Walker, referring to Hernandez. "It changed the whole ... game. I may get screwed in the long run, but that's just unacceptable." (Jamie Walker, courtesy of MLB.com).

Adam Eaton was spotted a lead twice but kept letting it get away from him...he allowed five runs off six hits in six innings...Eaton walked four and struck out two.

The Birds conclude the homestand tomorrow afternoon..Koji Uehara takes the mound...Go O's!!!

O' Yeah...
  • Melvin Mora returned from the DL early and went 3-for-5 with two RBIs
  • Nick Markakis went 2-for-5 and extended his hitting streak to 15 games
  • After starting the season 6-2, the O's (9-12) have now lost 10 of their last 13 games

2 comments:

  1. I bookmarked your blog and enjoy reading it after the games.

    I like it best when you give your thoughts/predictions/biased ideas, instead of just quoting stats.

    It's good to hear what a fellow O's fan thinks. It gets old constantly hearing just "they rock!!" or "they suck!!"

    - Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick! I'll try to keep my original ideas on here...I thought Trembley's and Walker's quotes spoke for themselves! Keep the comments coming...I would like to hear from a few more fans to let me know how I'm doing! Go O's!

    ReplyDelete