Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bullpen, J.J. Blow it Again

This is getting ridiculous. The O's dropped their ninth straight game on Wednesday night, falling 9-8 to the Cleveland Indians.

I'm going to be honest with you...I slept through this game. And I'll be watching the Ravens, not the Orioles, on Sunday afternoon. Sure, I'll switch the channel every now and then, but it's football season now, and I like to watch a winning team every once in a while...I've got tickets to the final game of the season at Camden Yards...but the Ravens are playing the Patriots...I can say with certainty that I won't be going to watch the Birds drop their 100th game of the year.

Starter Jason Berken (5-12) put the team in an early hole after allowing four runs in just 3 2/3 innings...the Birds answered right back with a five-run fifth and added another run in the sixth to take a 6-4 lead. Robert Andino, Michael Aubrey and Luke Scott all homered in the rally...

Of course, the bullpen was unable to hold on...the Indians scored four runs in the seventh inning to take the lead back, but again the Orioles rallied and tied the game at eight in the ninth inning (the O's loaded the bases with none out but were only able to manage two sacrifice flies)...

Jim Johnson, the O's "closer," came on in the bottom of the inning and gave up the game winning single after recording just one out...

Hopefully the team can turn this around and avoid being swept for the third straight series...Chris Tillman (2-4) takes the mound Sunday afternoon...Go O's!

No comments:

Post a Comment